Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a combat sport with full-contact that allows fighters to use both grappling and striking techniques, both against their opponents standing and on the ground. It has quickly become one of the most popular sports in the world, and there are thousands of fighters who could make a case for being included on a list of the top MMA fighters of all time. In this blog post, we will take a look at eight totalsportek mma fighters who have made an undeniable impact on the sport.
The Best Fighters:
- The first fighter on our list is the legendary Bruce Lee. While he was never actually a professional MMA fighter, his influence on the sport is undeniable. He is credited with helping to popularize martial arts in the West and was one of the first people to start experimenting with different techniques from different disciplines. His philosophy of “the style of no style” has been adopted by many MMA fighters and promoters over the years.
- Next on our list is Royce Gracie, who is widely considered to be one of the fathers of modern MMA. He dominated the early days of UFC with his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which proved to be a highly effective fighting style in mixed martial arts competitions. Gracie went on to win several championships and is widely respected as one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.
- Georges St-Pierre is a mixed martial artist from Canada and has been a former Welterweight Champion of the UFC for three times. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time and has been ranked as such by several publications, including ESPN and Sherdog.
- St-Pierre was a dominant champion during his time in the UFC, winning multiple title defenses while also branching out into other ventures such as acting and product endorsement. He eventually vacated his title and retired from fighting in 2013 but made a highly-anticipated return to the sport in 2017.
- Another fighter who is often considered to be one of the greatest of all time is Fedor Emelianenko. He is a Russian mixed martial artist, sambist, and judoka who has competed in MMA, Pride Fighting Championships, and RINGS. Emelianenko is the former PRIDE Heavyweight Champion and WAMMA Heavyweight Champion.
- Anderson Silva is a mixed martial artist and former UFC Middleweight Champion from Brazil. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time and holds the unbelievable record for the longest title owner in UFC history.
- Matt Hughes is an American mixed martial artist and former UFC Welterweight Champion. He is a two-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestler and is widely considered to be one of the greatest welterweights in MMA history.
- Randy Couture is an American mixed martial artist, actor, and former United States Army Sergeant. He has been a UFC Heavyweight Champion for three times and UFC Light Heavyweight Champion for two times. Couture is the only fighter in UFC history to have held titles in two different weight classes.
All these fighters have had long and successful careers in MMA and have made a significant impact on the sport. Each of them has their own unique style and skill set that has helped them achieve success inside the Octagon.